Sunday 9 October 2016

SExSHop Beer

OK, so it's an unnecessary classification of beer to try to introduce.  The style has been around for a long time.  It is essentially just a basic extract beer.  Just a single type of malt extract, no steeped grains and just one variety of hop.  The short cut version of SMaSH beer.  SMaSH being single malt and single hop.  SExSHop being - aside from childish -  single extract single hop.  For me the aim is the same, to concentrate on one ingredient.  In SMaSH it could be the malt or the hop, in SExSHop, it's all about the hop.

In the past I've used hops that I am used to or followed recipes.  I want to get to know hops more, so will be brewing a SExSHop beer for a variety of hops.  I'm starting with Tettnang first, as shown in this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment